- There's only three weeks left of the deadline of my my masters thesis. And I'm sweating and stressing and crying and gasping for air. Yeah, I know it's a bit dramatic but the struggle is real.
- The #metoo campaign, which I feel we need a lot more of all year. I really don't think that many men out there actually know that what they're doing is crossing lines. At the same time I don't think that many men out there actually know how much molesting, rapes and sexual harrastment we women experience all year long. Especially in the western world, where we have "female rights" that they are taking for granted. And we need, more than ever, to raise awareness and teach each other respect for the generations to come.
- There's a lot of new music on Spotify at the moment. Kari Bremnes has released this beautiful north Norwegian album that makes me home sick. Fleet Foxes recently released an album that I feel I've been waiting for for years! And I'm seeing them in Oslo on December 5th. The Jezabels released a new single, The Others. And the latest Band of Horses album is amazing as well. Even though they apparently released it some time ago, but I just discovered it.
- The Norwegian series Hvor er Thea is really exciting. I love it!
- I love that Ann-Merete is back on track with her blogging and showing us the beautiful home that she and her fiancé is re-decorating on the Norwegian countryside.
- No Sidebar is currently providing me and my soul with articles that is solely focusing on our inner values and building a beautiful life that you can be loyal to. It's a fresh breath of air in this superficial blog world.
- Our wedding photos, which I absolutely love! But I'm gonna make a post about the day soon.
- I'm dreaming about living on a farm where we can grow our own food and have hens and chickens. So we're constantly on the look out.
- I'm dreaming of a dress from Odd Lovin. Especially this one. How beautiful can a dress be? And it's SO me!
- And have you heard it? The Conjuring 3 and the spin off movie from Conjuring 2; The Nun, is due in the mid 2018! I can't wait! Horror movies is my guilty pleasure.
I feel so lucky when my friends let me practice my photo skills. And my dear friend Jeanette, who is becoming a mother at the end of november, let me capture the beauty of her transitioning. Now she is somewhere in between being the woman she used to be, and the becoming of someone new; A mother, a guardian and a source of wisdom that she is to spend the rest of her life passing down to the little girl in her womb that is waiting to be born.
And we are all waiting to get to know her. Who is she? Who will she be?
We're waiting for you, little girl. You are so loved and wanted.
Et lite hei fra en stresset masterstudent!
Med under én måned igjen til innlevering lider bloggen min for manglende oppdatering. Hverdagen består stort sett i lange dager på biblioteket, middag og soving. Og mens det er så mange ting og tanker jeg ønsker å formidle og bilder jeg ønsker å vise, så har ikke døgnet mange nok timer til å la meg gjennomføre. Huset får dessuten også lide for denne perioden. Når eksamensbrillene kommer på, følger skylappene etter. Det virker som at hybelkaninene har dannet seg et lite rede i hvert hjørne, hvor de formerer seg etter alle kunstens regler. Hadde vi ikke vært to i husholdningen ville det ikke vært forsvarlig å vise frem huset i dagslys.
Men helgene er mitt hellige pusterom. Da senker skuldrene seg og skole og arbeid er ikkeeksisterende. Sist helg tappet vi den hjemmelagede universalvasken på glassflasker. Noen av flaskene fikk noen dråper eteriske oljer for duftens skyld. Men etter to uker på dunken hadde væsken trukket essensen ut av sitrusen og gitt vannet en frisk og deilig lukt. Vi har allerede testet den ut til gulvvask og gir den grønt lys. Og det beste er at den er helt fri for giftstoffer og er hudvennlig (med mindre du er allergisk mot sitrus og veldig ømfintlig eksem. Da ville jeg i hvertfall rådet deg til å bruke hansker for sikkerhets skyld).
Det fine med å lage en slik vask er at man får brukt opp hele sitrusen. Hvis du lager mat hvor du bruker lime og sitron, kan du fint bare putte resten av sitronen i vannet og la den ligge å godgjøre seg sammen med resten av væsken.
Nå er det tilbake til skrivejobben. Noen fortalte meg at denne avhandlingen ikke skriver seg selv, og jeg får vel tro dem da!
//Hi there, from a stressed out student! My blog is currently suffering from my absence caused by my master thesis writing. But here's a little update on the all purpose cleaner I recently wrote about. We bottled up the all purpose cleaner and had a few drops of essential oils for a nicer scent. The water had drained the citrus for all of it's essence, so it gave the cleaner a fresh smell. And after cleaning our floors with it, we gave it a thumbs up! The best part is that it's kind to your skin. But if you're allergic to citrus, I wouldn't recommend it. And if you have eczema I would recommend you to wear gloves. Now, back to the books! Have a nice day!//
We booked the wedding suite for the whole weekend. The first night I slept here with my two maid of honours. I had chosen two of my closest friends, and the storyline here is that I met them both the same night, ten years ago when we all had moved to Oslo. We're all from North Norway, but still from different places. And I actually found out that I was related to one of them right after we met ...Read More
NB! A long blog post. But it's from the bottom of my heart, and I would really want you to read the whole thing.
More and more often, I hear the word «anxiety» being used. The Norwegian statistics showed that every third person will experience some sort of depression and/or anxiety during their lifetime. That’s truly a lot of people, being every third person out of five million people in this country. And the statistics isn’t that different in other countries either, as far as I have read.Read More
We had a burglar in our house today!Read More
So, about this slow living thing.. I've started to become really good at enjoying my weekends. The clue is to not make any plans. At all. And just let the day unfold itself. Wanna grab a double latte? Sure! Wanna go and look at the colourful trees before we head back home? Yeah. We dont have anything else to do, right?Read More
So, now I want to show you everything we have documented about our big celebration. Oh, what a journey this has been for us. We've learned so much about ourselves. For better and for worse. Getting married is really not just a happy occasion, I have to admit that. It can really be exhausting too! But if we look away from that, It's also wonderful and a very unique and special moment that cannot be compared with anything else.Read More
These last couple of days has been really wonderful. It's been one of those days where I've really embraced this season and all that comes with it. And I've felt so grateful. So thankful for what we have and everyone we know and love. We've been social, done practical stuff that needed to be done, got ourselves a new car (finally!), been out for walks, made traditional Norwegian dishes that really made me nostalgic and made me miss my family and my father. Yes, I've felt so good and so content. But still, I have this feeling of something's missing.Read More
Jeg er vokst opp med at bærplukking hører høsten til, og at fryseren er stappfull av skogens skatter året rundt. Kjøpesyltetøy? Hva er det? Det var ikke før flere år etter jeg flyttet hjemmefra at jeg kjøpte blåbær- og tyttebærsyltetøy på butikken for første gang. Nå skal det sies at jeg var en mer ivrig bærspiser enn plukker. Og som barn var turer i skogen noe av det verste jeg visste. Av uante grunner. Denne lysten har blitt større med årene.Read More